Saturday, January 22, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Greetings to both of our readers!

The post date is Jan 21st. That means we are 1/3 the way through Winter! Do you know what Rogers Hornsby did in the winter time? By his own testimony...

"I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
(From baseball-almanac.com)

Perhaps if the Rajah were around today he'd watch football. He was a Texan, after all. But his point is well taken and his spirit remains alive among those of us who rejoice in the fact that pitchers and catchers report in a mater of DAYs (14-16 depending on which team and how you count the days).

What I resolve to do in 2011 is publish the results of Mac's Legendary Baseball (MLB), a series of head to head competitions I've staged between the legendary Yankee teams of yesteryear against the great non-Yankee teams of years gone by. I've staged thousands of games, compiled a lot of 'stats' and filled in the gaps occasionally with thoughts of some of the participants as well as one of the spectators (me).

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment